Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas in the Closet (spatially speaking)

I live in a 256 square foot efficiency. 

I want you to understand the space we're (my dog and I) dealing with.  I have a twin bed, dog crate, tv stand, and one small chair.  A few odds and ends, kitchen (read: stovetop and a sink with the dimensions of a text book - but a bit deeper), closet and bathroom (shower only). 

My logic was to save money.  The first night I stayed there I sat in the middle of the floor and thought 'my God, what have I done', while my dog, Cash, looked at me and asked the same thing.  His thought had curse words though; he was pissed that mom would be too depressed for the next nine months to throw the frisbee.  This kid is a frisbee junkie.  Goes nuts.  Will jump into a dumpster with no concern if he sees the frisbee glide in first.  Seriously, he was pissed. 

But, it hasn't been that bad.  Sure, there have been moments where the vodka bottle got a little too low a little too quickly, but all in all, it is adequate.  Saying that, I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE.   (caps with a period equal a controlled scream.  kinda like someone in a mental institute that is expressing themself but doesnt want to get drugged - they keep it 'controlled'.)

I try to periodically breathe new life into the place.  Rearrange the furniture (a favorite past time since childhood), but with such limited space comes limited variations.  Decorate for Christmas: I bought a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree - as in the box says 'Charlie Brown Christmas Tree' - it 'fits' the place.  Metaphorically, and dimensionally.

I was also going to get little stockings for Cash and myself (Katy), but you see what I'm dealing with:


Sometimes the universe and I are not quite on the same page.  Though, this just solidifies my approach to life of not planning too much....of just rolling with the flow.  Or in cases where there is a lack thereof, climbing the cliffs, hacking through with a thick ice pick. 

So, this Christmas, Cash and I are Charlie and Snoopy.  But we are happy enough with that.  Sometimes I feel more like Scrooge and he is Tiny Tim....thank goodness for his sweet little self. 


1 comment:

  1. Awwww I love your Charlie Brown tree! And Cash can totally pull off Snoopy! <3 your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete